Small but Mighty is the Dayton Society of Artists’ 2022 small works exhibition. The call for art is open to DSA members in good standing and is open to all mediums, techniques, and styles. Work must be 12” x 12” x 12” or smaller (dimensions include any framing or stands). Member artists may choose two pieces to show in the gallery (no jurying, no prizes). A digital photo of the piece must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. An online exhibition will also be created at daytondsa.org/smallbutmighty22 and images will be shared on social media.
PROSPECTUS with Image Labels
Art Drop off Dates: October 29 (12pm-5) and 30 (12pm-5), 2022
Art Drop off: Saturday, Oct 29 12pm-5pm and Sunday, Oct 30, 12pm-5pm
Images & Details Due: Sunday, October 30 11:59pm to email@example.com
Exhibition Runs: Fri Nov 4 – Sun. Dec 11, 2022
Art Pick up: Mon, Dec 12th 12pm-5pm and Tues, Dec 13th 5pm-8pm
No Entry Fee
- Submissions may only be made by DSA members in good standing.
- All Artwork must be no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” (including all framing, bases, etc).
- Artwork must be professionally presented. 2D work must be ready to hang with wiring on back. DSA is open to other installation methods, but they must be pre-approved.
- Artwork must be labelled with artist name, title, and e-mail
- Artwork must not have been exhibited before at the DSA or virtually through the DSA
- Artwork may not be picked up before the close of the show
- An image of the piece must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 30, 2022. The submitted image must be clear, focused on the work, and as professionally taken as possible. Acceptable images can be taken by a smartphone.
- For tips on how to edit your photos using the Snapseed App, visit:
- Contact the gallery director (email@example.com 937-228-4532) before Oct 26 to set up an appointment at the gallery to walk you through the photo-taking process.
- Details [Artist Name, Title, Year, Medium, Size, Price (or Value if NFS)] must be given at drop off or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with image of piece.
LIABILITY & SALES
- The DSA has fine art insurance for work physically inside the gallery. Artists maintain responsibility of insuring work during shipment and travel. Damage caused by the failure of the work itself is not covered. If work has an insurance price of over $500 then any insurance claim must be accompanied by documentation of past sales and/or a professional 3rd party appraisal.
- Please note: DSA does not have constant climate control in its galleries.
- DSA takes NO COMMISSION on sales but requires a 4% fee for all credit card sales. Please price work accordingly or as “Not for Sale.” Donations are always appreciated and help support future programming.
AGREEMENT TO PARTICIPATE
Submitting indicates that you agree with the conditions of entry and exhibit as outlined in these guidelines. The DSA may use submitted images and artwork in print and/or digital marketing materials.